Homework is done online
through the Mastering Physics Website. Instructions for registering and
logging on are listed below.
Homework is due Wednesday 11:59 PM for full credit.
Mastering Physics Instructions:
Note: The system might be slow during registration time, so be patient!
For used book purchasers there will be a $44.50 registration fee (sorry) which provides access for two years.
1. Go to the Mastering Physics Website
2. Click on the ‘Register’ button in the ‘First-Time
User’ box if you have an access code. One is should be
included in your textbook if you purchased a new text.
(If you don’t see the ‘First-Time User’ box, you can
try entering through http://www.masteringphysics.com/ and
clicking on the Mastering Physics for Knight… icon.)
Alternative: Click on the `Buy Now' button if you do not have an access code.
3. Fill in all required boxes (indicated
by a red asterisk) and click the NEXT button (the zip code is 53706 and
the country is United States).
4. On the next page, type in your info, and make up a login name and
password. Your login name can be anything, but if you type in
JaneJones, you are likely to be told that that one is taken, and you
will have to be JaneJones345234, which will be hard to remember. If you
use your UW email address for your login name, it will be easy to
remember and is most likely available on the Mastering Physics system.
5. Click the NEXT button, and if everything has worked you will be
taken to a confirmation page. You should also receive a confirmation
email with your login information.
6. Don’t stop now! Click the Log In button, and it will take you
to the Mastering Physics web site. Click on the MasteringPhysics
Standalone (Calculus-based) image. This will take you to the
log in page.
7. This will log you in and take you to the ‘User Properties’ page.
8. Now you need to enroll yourself in the correct course.
9. Type in your UW student ID number in the student ID box. It should be numbers only, with no
spaces. For instance, 9998887777. This is very important because this
is our key when we upload/download grades, and you may not be able to
edit or change it later!
10. In the course ID box, type in PHYS207FALL2007. This ID is also
important to get right. (Your instructor or TA will enroll you in
the appropriate section. If you change sections it is easy to
switch you from one to another.)
11. Click on the ‘Save’ button. You should now be registered and taken to the course home page.
In the future, you can use the login button to enter instead of the register button.